b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Dan (was: Where Was Jacob's Ladder)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Dan (was: Where Was Jacob's Ladder)
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 04:29:25 +0200

Of course I know about the "sea peoples" group called the "Danannoi". But that's hardly relevant to what Karl was claiming, that "Dan" was a common Semitic place name. As I wrote - I know of no other place called Dan.

Yigal Levin
----- Original Message ----- From: "George Athas" <george.athas AT moore.edu.au>