b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] David "expelling" a soul in the New Testament?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Søren Holst <sh AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] David "expelling" a soul in the New Testament?
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 09:39:36 +0100

Dear listers

Somewhat off-topic, I'm mainly hoping someone will tell me the correct place
to ask the question:

A colleague is working on a 13-14th century CE manuscript of a Danish Bible
translation which is mostly just a straight rendering of the Vulgate, but has
occasional additions.

One tells of an instant, where the soul of a dying, pious man refuses to
leave the body, and "it's (the soul's) angel" has to fetch king David with
his musical instrument to persuade the soul.

The instance is reported as a note to 1 Sam 16,23 (David driving the eveil
spirit away from Saul) in the manuscript.

There is bound to be a source for this information, be it an apocryphal
gospel or an independent legend or whatever. But where???

any suggestions highly appreciated

kol tuv
Soren