b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Matres Lectionis and critical analysis

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "JAMES CHRISTIAN READ" <JCR128 AT student.anglia.ac.uk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Matres Lectionis and critical analysis
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:59:11 +0100

PB: Karl,

>>Slight correction. Though they are rare, there are a
>>few examples of the masc. pl. noun marker lacking the
>>medial Yod. I don't remember off the top of my head
>>where they are found, but I remember the first time
>>I ran across one while reading the unpointed text, it
>>added a couple of lines to my forehead.

I was very close to qualifying this with an "almost always", but I
couldn't quite remember if there was an exception or not.

JCR: Yeah! I've seen this as well. I can't remember
where, but it was quite confusing.

http://www.lamie.org/hebrew - thesis1: concept driven machine
translation using the Aleppo codex
http://www.lamie.org/lad-sim.doc - thesis2: language acquisition simulation