b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew NT Delitzsch

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dr Raoul Comninos" <capechurch AT gmail.com>
  • To: "cmeadows3 AT verizon.net" <cmeadows3 AT verizon.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew NT Delitzsch
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 07:35:36 +0200

This remains the most significant translation of the NT into Hebrew,
despite its age. My own view is that one should not allow the age of a
work to detract from its significance. I noted with interest in his
commentary on Isaiah, that Brevard Childs frequently makes mention of
Delitzsch, remarking on more than one occasion that he alone
understood the critical issues. There is no doubt in my mind that
Delitzsch is among the scholarly giants of yesteryear. The truth is
that we seldom see scholars like this today, and although their tools
may be older than ours, their acumen and critical awareness is
unparalleled.