b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew NT Delitzsch

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: <cmeadows3 AT verizon.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew NT Delitzsch
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 14:40:58 -0500 (CDT)

Is anyone here familiar with the Hebrew NT translated from Greek by Franz
Delitzsch? I bought one and have been reading through it. My knowledge of
modern Hebrew is limited and I'm not sure whether he intended this to be a
"modern" translation or more of a "biblical hebrew" translation. I guess he
did the work in the late 1800s so it could not be a truly "modern"
translation. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Charles Meadows