b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] What about creating some "ancient hebrew writers' club"?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "John Kloosterman" <yemenim AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Thomas Baruchel" <bereshit AT laposte.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] What about creating some "ancient hebrew writers' club"?
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:59:43 -0400

Thomas,

I for one would contribute to such; a community of such, should it prove
viable, would be a valuable place of learning and expression. However,
instead of having everyone e-mail things to you, it should allow people to
post their works themselves; this allows people to control their works,
revise them more easily, keep the site up even after you tire of maintaining
it, and reduce your burden in its maintenance. I would think that even at
the expense of typography, publishing the texts as Unicode text would allow
for easier modification; XHTML/CSS with modern browsers/OSs allows for
beautiful results also.

Regards,
John Kloosterman