b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] What about creating some "ancient hebrew writers' club"?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Thomas Baruchel <bereshit AT laposte.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] What about creating some "ancient hebrew writers' club"?
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 07:48:57 +0200

On Mar, jui 12, 2007 at 05:59:43 -0400, John Kloosterman wrote:
> I for one would contribute to such; a community of such, should it prove
> viable, would be a valuable place of learning and expression. However,
> instead of having everyone e-mail things to you, it should allow people to
> post their works themselves; this allows people to control their works,
> revise them more easily, keep the site up even after you tire of maintaining
> it, and reduce your burden in its maintenance. I would think that even at
> the expense of typography, publishing the texts as Unicode text would allow
> for easier modification; XHTML/CSS with modern browsers/OSs allows for
> beautiful results also.

OK, you are certainly right. I would do it the way you describe above.
I am waiting for some more comments about the idea, but I will probably
do it during the next weeks.

Regards,

P.-S. - Is such a discussion disturbs the list, please tell me, I would
then quickly build some other list devoted to the project, but I really
think the discussion may have some general interest for the moment.

--
Thomas Baruchel