b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew grammar books

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew grammar books
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 07:46:15 -0400

Peter,

I have never encountered a Hebrew Hebrew-Grammar-book claiming that it is specifically for "biblical Hebrew". The English books (say Seow's) asserting that they are for biblical Hebrew just mean that all their examples are from the Hebrew bible, and that their grammar is adjusted for the agreed English translation of the bible.

Isaac Fried, Boston University