b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] ISA 42:3 LE'EMET

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard3 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] ISA 42:3 LE'EMET
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 07:49:23 -0500

B. M. Rocine wrote:
I am not at all familiar with this Williams source. Do you consult it often? Do you like it?

HH: Yes and yes. It was a book we OT doctoral majors in seminary were required to buy. It is a standard grammar. It was in its fourth printing in 1975. The full title is _Hebrew Syntax: An Outline_, and it was published by the University of Toronto Press. I use it mostly for considering the use of prepositions, for some reason, but it covers the syntax of the noun, the verb, other particles, and the clause. He gives examples of everything. It's only 122 pages with all indexes.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard