b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Passive Qal vs Hoph'al?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: <pporta AT oham.net>
  • To: "David Kummerow" <farmerjoeblo AT hotmail.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Passive Qal vs Hoph'al?
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 07:54:55 +0100

I read in an electronic search program (BW) that such a word as YUQAX (Gn 18:4) is a passive Qal form. In the same program I read that YUQAM (Gn 4:24) is a Hoph'al form.

Vowel and dagesh structure is the same for both.

Then do you think this division (Qal passive <> Hoph'al) is right for the brought two cases?
What is really Qal passive? Beside the participle (Katub), are there for this Qal passive conjugation all the normal forms or persons, tenses, etc.? Is it used in the normal Perfect tense and, if yes, are there some samples thereof in the Bible?

Pere Porta