b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Seeing Hebrew fonts

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Hebrew List" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Seeing Hebrew fonts
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:42:12 -0800

Raoul:

הללו את יהוה כל גוים, שבחוהו כל האמים
כי גבר עלינו חסדו ואמת יהוה לעולם, הללו יה

Can you read the two lines above? If not, there are possibly several
reasons for this.

1) You are using an older OS that does not support Hebrew, such as OS 9
2) Your mail program does not allow for the transmission of unicode data
3) Your ISP does not allow for the transmission of unicode data

While I have not learned all the vowel transliterations, I regularly
use the consonantal transliterations for members of this group who
have to deal with the reasons I just listed. So it would behoove you
to learn and use at least the consonantal transliterations.

Transliterations are listed at http://www.ibiblio.org/bhebrew/ .

By the way, the two lines at the top were written using a Macintosh
running OS X.4.8 using the fonts that came with OS X, quoting Psalm
117.

Karl W. Randolph.