b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Seeing Hebrew fonts

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dr. Raoul Comninos" <psalms AT telkomsa.net>
  • To: Hebrew List <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Seeing Hebrew fonts
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:28:02 +0200

Several members have posted text to the forum which I cannot read on my Mac. I have an iMac and have several Hebrew fonts installed. I know how to activate Hebrew language features in Mac, but those are only for CREATING Hebrew text. Recently I purchased several Hebrew fonts from linguist-software. I have the SBL font and several others. However, Hebrew text does not always appear correctly. In addition transliteration does not appear correctly. There seems to me to be no point in posting Hebrew as transliterated text if even this text is not intelligible. The whole point of transliterated text is that it obviates the difficulties with Hebrew text.

My question: what must I get to be able to create and read the transliteration of members?

Kind regards,
Dr Raoul Comninos
93 Wagenaar Street
Monte Vista 7460 Cape Town