b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Comparative Linguistics was Sorting Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "Peter Kirk" <peter AT qaya.org>, "Bob MacDonald" <bobmacdonald AT shaw.ca>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Comparative Linguistics was Sorting Hebrew
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:13:35 -0800

Dear Peter, Yitzhak, et al,

I wonder if the acrostic Psalms are early enough to indicate the separation
or non-separation of sin and shin? It is apparent that most of the Psalms
are Pre-exilic to Exilic (Post-exilic?) and that they may give some
indication of the debate on the alphabet. Besides inscriptions wouldn't
Hebrew poetry retain early grammar and syntactical features to help in this
debate?

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III