b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] comparative historical linguistics was Re: Nun-Tav-Vet root

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] comparative historical linguistics was Re: Nun-Tav-Vet root
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 22:27:30 +0000

On 24/11/2006 14:07, Isaac Fried wrote:
Recall what I said: The vowels I, U (as well as what I consider the latter, O,E) represent in Hebrew personal pronouns. ...

I, U and 'E also represent the English personal pronouns, as spoken and texted around here. Coincidence? Or are things actually not as simple as this?

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org