b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ethel Jean (Kowan) Saltz" <macnietspingal AT airmail.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 14:42:23 -0500

Message: 9
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:04:15 -0500
From: davidfentonism AT aim.com
To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Yes, and so the biblical Hebrew corresponded to its own cosmology which was Elohist/Yahvist. It was not inclusive of the ideologies of its neighbors or enemies, thus what it meant then is what it means today. The Hebrew is also dynamic and the Greek static, and in that sense incompetent to fully communicate Hebrew thoghtforms as seen in the examples provided by others (i.e., tsedakah/righteousness, Torah/Law, etc.).

About dynamic vs static language brings to mind a course that a corporation offered us. Actually insisted we take.
The presenter was a Dr. Barbara Stuckey who published THE EXACT WORD. She was a linguist. She told us that Anglo-Saxon language was originally only oral. (It has been my research since that it was the creation of the written Bible in Anglo-Saxon that created the English Language.) She said that when they fixed the written language by Christian clergy, that they used the rules of Latin grammar which made English rigid. She developed a list of 200 English words that would accomplish business communications. One of my fellow employees who came from IIRC Puerto Rico didn't want to attend. He said he became a citizen and that was enough (back then you had to know English). It wasn't long into the course that he said he was glad he attended, he learned a lot more about the comfort level of the English language.

Is this a further explanation of the quoted message?

Ethel Jean (Kowan) Saltz Beltsville MD