b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Karl and others - question marks instead of something else???

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Karl and others - question marks instead of something else???
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:42:11 +0200

On 11/22/06, K Randolph wrote:
I just sent a message in Hebrew and Chinese to a yahoo account, and
when opened, the message was just gibberish. But when I told the
browser (Safari) to encode in UTF-8, the message was clear. Camino
(Firefox "carbonized" for Mac) did the same.

In Yahoo mail, I have a big purple box in the right side above the
message list in the Inbox folder that says "Switch to Yahoo! mail beta".
Clicking it takes you to a screen with a button that says "Try it now".
When I switch I can see the Hebrew letters without having to explicitly
change encoding.

Yitzhak Sapir