b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms, was: "Desire of Women" in Heb. Text of Dan. 11:37

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew language and thought forms, was: "Desire of Women" in Heb. Text of Dan. 11:37
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:53:51 -0800

Harold:

On 11/21/06, Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net> wrote:
We weren't talking about the kind of grace that chen means. And no,
chesed does not refer to "grace" in the sense of absolving someone
from responsibility, as there is not that concept, of being absolved
from responsibility, in the Torah.

Shoshanna

Shshanna is right.

I just did a search of my dictionary, and found that there is no word
that I listed as having the meaning of "grace".

The closest I can find is the concept of being justified, i.e.
accounted just. An example is Genesis 15:6 concerning Abraham, implied
also in Habakkuk 2:4.