b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] vowel length

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] vowel length
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 07:53:22 -0800 (PST)

Yitzhak,

The classification of the Hatafim is of course strictly arbitrary. The
Heb. medieval poetric metrics follow closely the Arab. example, except
that in the latter there are no hatafim of course.

All this is outside the scope of this list, but you'll find more
details in
any introduction to medieval Heb. poetry.

Uri

Sponsored Link

Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone
bill. Sign up now.