b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Lexicon with pictographs and Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ethel Jean (Kowan) Saltz" <macnietspingal AT airmail.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Lexicon with pictographs and Hebrew
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 18:09:12 -0500

I found the perfect book for me to acculturize myself in Ancient Hebrew land.

I finally found a scholar devoted to reconstructing the Near East. Jeff A. Benner.
ANCIENT HEBREW LEXICON OF THE BIBLE. 2005
THE ANCIENT HEBREW LANGUAGE AND ALPHABET
THE ANCIENT HEBREW LANGUAGE AND ALPHABET
lEARN TO READ BIBLICAL HEBREW is a little paperback and shows how easy it is to learn Hebrew
HIS NAME IS ONE supports my version of Y'H'W'H!!

Another support for all my personal research. Imagine, he ends up saying Y'H'W'H means "breath". That's because all possible ancient pronounciation of the tetragrammaton end up being breathy. It fits my intuitive rationale for calling the linguist tool, the schwa. Deep inside me, I think that's why it was chosen. So we could all agree to pronounce YHWH rationally. Too much of a coincidence that the schwa is a Hebrew word to pronounce a string of characters when you don't know if they are consonants or vowels in any language..

  • [b-hebrew] Lexicon with pictographs and Hebrew, Ethel Jean (Kowan) Saltz, 11/07/2006