b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The New Testament

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: Schmuel <schmuel AT nyc.rr.com>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew-lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The New Testament
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 18:54:09 +0500

On 22/10/2006 00:27, Schmuel wrote:

Schmuel
This is by taking the quotes from Dean John Burgon (who examined the
manuscripts) vis a vis the scribal condition, various types of errors, in the
most favored manuscripts, especially Codex Sinaiticus and Codex Vaticanus. ...

Whose "most favored manuscripts" are you referring to? Those of certain 19th century textual critics, or those of the editors of the 20th century scholarly editions on which most modern translations are based?

It only effects the nouveau corruptus modern versions.

I resent this description which I consider to be an attack on my faith, which is based on the divine inspiration of the text which you are calling corrupt. Please withdraw it, or else provide proper evidence that the manuscripts on which modern Bible versions are primarily based are corrupt.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org