b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The New Testament

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: sujata <shevaroys AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew-lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The New Testament
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 17:16:38 -0700 (PDT)

Is there a complete list of scribal error somewhere on the Internet?
Thanks
Sujata

Schmuel <schmuel AT nyc.rr.com> wrote:
Hi Folks

Peter Kirk -
> Schmuel who made unqualified claims like "Texts full of scribal blunders"
> which could be
> taken as suggesting significant unreliability in the New Testament.

Schmuel
This is by taking the quotes from Dean John Burgon (who examined the
manuscripts) vis a vis the scribal condition, various types of errors, in the
most favored manuscripts, especially Codex Sinaiticus and Codex Vaticanus.
Note, the discussion here is scribal errors, not doctrinal questions or
textual variants.

I have often checked whether anybody disagrees or rebuts these numbers and
have never gotten a response indicating a challenge to the Dean John Burgon
statements.. There are hundreds of scribal blunders.

Since I do not use a Bible that relies on those two corrupt manuscripts, this
exposure of corruptions as no effect on making any reliability in the New
Testament that I use, the King James Bible. Nor any Received Text or Majority
Text New Testament. It only effects the nouveau corruptus modern versions.

Shalom,
Steven Avery