b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Unused root - LaAM (nations,peoples)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Chris and Nel" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.Ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Unused root - LaAM (nations,peoples)
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 19:39:25 +0100

Could anyone be so kind as to clarify:

Root Lamed Aleph Mem = to agree, to be one, to be congruent

Root Aleph Mem Mem = Collection, gathering

Root Ayin Mem Mem = Collection, gathering.

All three meaning peoples. But I am eager to know more about the the first root, since my lexicon has this irritating habit of now and again referring me to greek and latin sentences, and german authors?!?!?!

Thankyou

Chris

  • [b-hebrew] Unused root - LaAM (nations,peoples), Chris and Nel, 09/22/2006