b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Septuagint vs Hebrew, effect on Christianity

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Blankinship, Benjamin" <bla26 AT co.henrico.va.us>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Septuagint vs Hebrew, effect on Christianity
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:34:31 -0400

Can someone recommend a place to begin research on the following
questions:

1. What are the substantive differences between the Septuagint and the
Hebrew Bible?
2. What, if any, are the theological implications of those differences?
3. How are those differences related to the difference between Iron-age
Judaism and Hellenism?
4. What impact, if any, did these differences have on the early
development of Christianity?

I think I'd like to begin with a "popular" source, since I'm not a
scholar, but one that would lead me into more "scholarly" sources for
further investigation.

--
Ben B