b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Deut 33:3 - a meaningful translation needed??

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Chris and Nel" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Deut 33:3 - a meaningful translation needed??
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:28:38 -0700

Chris:

I agree with you that it appears to be a generalized cherishing, not
specific to the people in the wilderness.

Karl W. Randolph.

On 9/9/06, Chris and Nel <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net> wrote:
I think that deutoronomy 33:3 should be translated:

"And furthermore, One who cherishes people...." as being more meaningful and
not constraining the text to 'imply' only the people in the wilderness.

If the general consensus amongst you agrees, then at least I know where I am
at. If there are objections then I would discuss this since I believe that I
have sound reasons in favour of scrapping -- :"Yes, He has loved the
people" OR "Surely, it is you who love the people"

Looking forward to replies
Regards,
Chris Watts
Ireland.