b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Yigal: Daniel

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Yigal: Daniel
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 17:11:43 -0500

Except that we are allowed to speculate about it during the last third of the exile, which we are in now.

Yitzchak Abarbanel and Chafetz Chaim taught that we are in close enough proximity so that now we are allowed to speculate.

Shoshanna

Don't count on it. Millennialism has led Jews astray before. Besides, the
rabbis had very harsh things to say about those who calculate the end of
days (Mehashvey Qitsin).

Yigal Levin