b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Yigal: Daniel

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Yigal: Daniel
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:02:57 -0500

I know it's not Torah. That was my point - that Harold cannot claim based on the the Book of Jubilees where the name Mastema appears - Harold is the one who cited a source which cited that name for Satan - that Tanach, or Judaism, teaches that Satan is anything more than a regular angel, which cannot and do not rebel against G-d.

Re the dating of the years - I just posted what was on the website. At least I found a translation - which I don't have time to read...

I'm not using Book of Jubilees to try to prove that we really are in the year 5766 since the creation of the world.

I suppose we will all know at least by the year 6000.

Shoshanna

The text is on line here, this is only one of the sites I found.

http://www.exodus2006.com/jubilint.htm

Shoshanna, are you sure this is a website that you want to rely on? Planet
X? 666 - the sign of the Beast? Armageddon?

In general, Jubilees has no canonical status in orthodox Judaism, or in your
terms, "it's not Torah" - so why are you defending it as a source?

Yigal Levin