b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] To Harold: Tanach book order - different in Christian Bibles

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] To Harold: Tanach book order - different in Christian Bibles
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 22:26:24 -0500

Dear Yonah Mishael wrote:

So, for the sake of the integrity of the Jewish Encyclopedia (whoquotes this?), you
would ignore the words of your god? (Jesus is theChristian god, is he not?) He said
that the Pharisees (that is, therabbis) "sit in the seat of Moses." If even
Jesus agreed with theclaim that the seat of Moses had come down to the authorities at
thetime of the Second Temple, and it is also the Jewish claim, then whydo you disagree?

HH: I am not following your logic. I don't disagree with Jesus. The Sanhedrin in Jesus' day had approximately the same authority to lead the nation that Moses did in his day. It was also the official guardian of the Law, which Moses gave.

HH: B-Hebrew software drops the blank lines I insert between comments. The quote was from Michael Abernathy earlier today. I included that information in my post, but it is scrunched up in the previous comment.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard