b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] PS Re: Daniel 11:22

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] PS Re: Daniel 11:22
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:23:01 -0500

Shoshanna Walker wrote:

Rambam listed what the requirements of Mashiach are, who it is, and what Mashiach must accomplish in order to be considered Mashiach

Translating a word doesn't mean they understand the concept or even accept the concept.

Obviously I can't be more specific on this forum, or get into arguments of doctrine. I can do that off list if anyone wants.

HH: The concept comes from the Bible, God's word. We can appreciate any light on the Scriptures that Rambam may have to shed. You are certainly allowed to share anything Rambam may have said about the Scripture. No one is saying that the greatest Jewish exegetes of the Bible are inappropriate for this list.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard