b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 30:13-14; conjunction

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kgraham0938 AT comcast.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 30:13-14; conjunction
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:53:21 +0000

There is a "Sof Passuq" btw the verses. This is a symbol which marks the end
of the verse, but just like vowels , it is not indigenous to the text but was
added when the text began to be written with vocalization marks. So it just
looks like our translatorts just followed that.
--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 AT comcast.net

From: "Kerry VonDross" <vondross AT execpc.com>