b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Septuagintal influence on Masoretic Hebrew text

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Eric Weiss <papaweiss1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Septuagintal influence on Masoretic Hebrew text
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:22:18 -0700 (PDT)

Dave Washburn wrote:

> Who published this New Testament you're looking at?...
> Sounds to me like you've got somebody's unsupported
> propaganda in your hands.

That was my response, too, but I wanted something to hang
that on - i.e., some sources that would show, e.g., that the
Hebrew of the MT is NOT in large part "Medieval Hebrew" and
that the MT is patently not a re-translation from a LXX text
back into Hebrew.

And, yes, it is a sectarian group (even in its own
"denomination") that publishes this NT, but I don't want
that to influence the responses to my question. I.e., I'd
like some scholarly refutations or critiques of what I
posted regardless of the source of my quote - hence I
didn't mention the book's title or ISBN.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Eric S. Weiss