b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] psalm 45:6

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kgraham0938 AT comcast.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] psalm 45:6
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:36:43 +0000

I think it is because they are following the punctutation marks in the BHS,
the atnah after NPL suggest that the verb is linked to the clause in front of
it. And if taken as a jussive one would get. "And may the people below you
fall."

Your arrows are sharp, may the nations beneath you fall, in the hearts of
those who are hostile to the king." Pretty choppy but I think that is their
reasoning.

--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 AT comcast.net