b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Authorship of Genesis 2:4-4:26 (or 2:5-5:1)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "JAMES CHRISTIAN READ" <JCR128 AT student.apu.ac.uk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Authorship of Genesis 2:4-4:26 (or 2:5-5:1)
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 09:20:51 +0100

For anybody who has been following the dicussions on the
original separations between the creation accounts with
interest I have prepared a side by side view of how the
two account may have looked if we respect the open and
closed paragraph schema. I hope the visual effect may
add something useful to the discussion. I personally
have been deeply affected by how beautifully divided
the Genesis 1:1-2:3 creation account looks when we
respect these divisions. It does seem to give it a
rather poetic look and feel to it.

http://www.lamie.org/hebrew/creationaccount.php

The webpage uses utf-8 encoding so you should be able to
view the hebrew script as long as you have a hebrew
font installed and your browser knows its there.

James C. Read
UK