b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Hebrew Professors: Opportunity to use proofs of Reader's Hebrew Bible

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "A. Philip Brown II" <philipbrown AT apbrown2.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Hebrew Professors: Opportunity to use proofs of Reader's Hebrew Bible
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 09:54:14 -0400

Shalom B-Haverim,

OPPORTUNITY: Proofing books of the OT/Tanakh in _A Reader's Hebrew Bible_.
Specifically, I need professors who would be willing to use and allow some
or all of their students to use proof copies of whatever books they are
teaching in Hebrew and then notify me of any errata they find.

Books currently available for proofing: Genesis, Leviticus, Joshua, Psalms,
Proverbs, Eccl., Song of Solomon, Jeremiah, Daniel, Hosea-Malachi (all minor
prophets). Special requests for other books will be considered.

TARGET AUDIENCE: Hebrew Professors teaching Hebrew Reading or Exegesis
classes Fall 2006 or Spring 2007 that require reading through extensive
portions of the Hebrew Bible, e.g., classes such as Deuteronomy in Hebrew,
Isaiah in Hebrew, etc.

A sample of the layout may be found here.

PROOFING OBJECTIVES:
1. Verify that glosses make sense in context.
2. Verify that English glosses are not misspelled.
3. Passive check for formatting problems with Hebrew text. I.e., report any
irregularities you might notice in the process of reading the text.
4. Receive general feedback about volume's features.

If you are interested, please contact me (readershebrew at apbrown2 dot net)
with the following information:

Your Name
Institution Name
Class Name
OT/Tanakh Book Name(s) desired to proof

Todah rabah,

Philip Brown

www.apbrown2.net
exegeticalthoughts.blogspot.com

  • [b-hebrew] Hebrew Professors: Opportunity to use proofs of Reader's Hebrew Bible, A. Philip Brown II, 07/22/2006