b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Circularity and other issues of logic

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Joel Stucki" <joel AT stucki.ws>
  • To: JCR128 AT student.apu.ac.uk
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Circularity and other issues of logic
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:22:09 -0700

On 7/14/06, JAMES CHRISTIAN READ <JCR128 AT student.apu.ac.uk> wrote:
JCR: Up until now the discussion has helped me greatly.
It has helped me to learn about the possibility of
cognate relationship between tehom and tiamat. It has
also led me to understand that Enuma Elish and Genesis
creation account may have had a common root. It has
made me look at the age of Genesis 1:1-2:3 in a new
light. It has made me realise that tehom may have been
understood as a proper noun by the hebrews. It has
made me look closer at the usage of tehom and its
synonyms in the tanakh. It has made me consider the
true genre of the Genesis creation account.
Altogether the discussion so far has been a very
enlightening experience for me and I hope that there be
many more such enlightening discussions in the future.

James C. Read
UK

That's great James! I was just afraid the thread was breaking down
into a rather tedious impasse.

Joel Stucki