b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Numbers 22:22 - S+N a verb or noun?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "JAMES CHRISTIAN READ" <JCR128 AT student.apu.ac.uk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Numbers 22:22 - S+N a verb or noun?
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 02:44:22 +0100

Just out of interest, if I were to provide an online
searchable text of the Aleppo and WLC what search
features would users be interested in?

James C. Read
UK

On 7/12/06, MarjorieAlley at cs.com <MarjorieAlley at cs.com> wrote:
> In a message dated 7/12/2006 7:19:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time, peter at
> qaya.org
> writes:
>
> Using Paratext (a tool available only to Bible translators), I was able
> to find the following, which if I have got it correct is an exhaustive
> list of 65 occurrences in the Hebrew Bible of prefix L- with a word with
> the pattern ?A?A?, where A represents qamats. I have excluded cases
> where the final letter is he or yod as this is a much more common
> pattern. I have not checked that all of the words are nouns. Many of
> them are proper names e.g. Laban, Tamar, Dathan, Balak, Barak, Nabal,
> Nathan, Haman.

Someone might suggest that proper names are nouns :)
Thanks for the list and the regex.

Joel Stucki

  • [b-hebrew] Numbers 22:22 - S+N a verb or noun?, JAMES CHRISTIAN READ, 07/14/2006