b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Tehom: Divine or Not Divine?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Revdpickrel AT wmconnect.com
  • To: george.athas AT moore.edu.au, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Tehom: Divine or Not Divine?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:50:30 EDT

In a message dated 7/13/2006 9:45:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
george.athas AT moore.edu.au writes:

> > Are not Tehom, Leviathan, Abaddon, and the serpent of old one in the same
> person?
> >
> > Doug.
> > Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.
>
> I wouldn't have thought so, Doug. What's your reasoning for suggesting they
> are?
>

> Best Regards,
>
> GEORGE ATHAS
> Moore Theological College
> 1 King St, Newtown 2042, Australia

Quote:
> I agree. But in order to draw a more careful line about whether
> Tehom is simply a word that means "Deep", undivinized from
> its origins, or whether Tehom is a reference to a god, I think it
> would be best to suggest how the Genesis account may be
> interpreted.

Well George, here's how I fugure:

Tehom is thought to be the god of the chaotic waters, or it means "Deep"????
The Bible labels the wicked as roaring sea, and the righteous as a calm sea.
The "Deep" was created by God for the keeping of Satan and his angels.
Abaddon is the king of the "Deep", and Leviathan is the "twisted serpent"
another
name for Satan. And God has not dealt finally with Leviathan as yet. It
just
seems to me that they all come together as one person over eons.

Rev. Doug Pickrel, Litt.D.
Tejas Valley
San Antonio, Texas