b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] hosea 6:2

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kgraham0938 AT comcast.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] hosea 6:2
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 01:18:11 +0000

Well,one problem seems to be that the atnah links MIMFYIM to Y:XYY"NW not to
BAYOM. So it seems best to translate it as "he will restore us after two
days or in a little while." And secondly, you can see the word YOM right
after the MEM, it is just that the yod is followed by a holem instead of a
holem/vav and the entire word is followed by a dual ending.
--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 AT comcast.net

From: "kenneth greifer" <greifer AT hotmail.com>

> Hosea 6:2 is usually translated "...He will revive us after two days, in
> the
> third day, He will raise us up, and we will live before Him..."
>
> I had an idea. Maybe it could say "...He will revive us. More than the seas
> in the third day, He will raise us, and we will live before Him..." Maybe
> it says "more than the seas" instead of "after (from ) two days".
>
> If the water on the earth was gathered together into seas on the third day
> of creation, maybe it rose up very high since it was not spread out over
> the
> whole earth anymore. I am sure I am wrong, but it is still an interesting
> coincidence that it could possibly be translated this way.
>
> Kenneth Greifer

  • [b-hebrew] hosea 6:2, kenneth greifer, 07/04/2006
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [b-hebrew] hosea 6:2, kgraham0938, 07/04/2006