b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] hosea 6:2

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "kenneth greifer" <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] hosea 6:2
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 23:45:34 +0000

Hosea 6:2 is usually translated "...He will revive us after two days, in the third day, He will raise us up, and we will live before Him..."

I had an idea. Maybe it could say "...He will revive us. More than the seas in the third day, He will raise us, and we will live before Him..." Maybe it says "more than the seas" instead of "after (from ) two days".

If the water on the earth was gathered together into seas on the third day of creation, maybe it rose up very high since it was not spread out over the whole earth anymore. I am sure I am wrong, but it is still an interesting coincidence that it could possibly be translated this way.

Kenneth Greifer

  • [b-hebrew] hosea 6:2, kenneth greifer, 07/04/2006