b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Help Asked - Minaean Dialect & Wadi el Hol

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Giuseppe Regalzi" <regalzi1 AT libero.it>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Help Asked - Minaean Dialect & Wadi el Hol
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 21:44:04 +0200

2. Also I have had no success in trying to find the LATEST details (i.e.
2005/2006) about the wadi el hol scripts; the last information that I can
access is from the year 2000 and that was when there was even
dissagreement on some of the letters, apparently nobody had deciphered
them yet. Can anyone point me in direction here please?

Stefan Jakob Wimmer and Samaher Wimmer-Dweikat, "The Alphabet from Wadi
el-Hôl - A First Try", Göttinger Miszellen 180 (2001): 107-12.

Eric L. Altschuler, "Gloss of One of the Wadi el-Hôl Inscriptions", Ancient
Near Eastern Studies 39 (2002): 201-4.

Meredith Chesson and John Coleman Darnell (eds.), Part I: Results of the
2001 Kerak Plateau Early Bronze Age Survey; Part II: Two Early Alphabetic
Inscriptions from the Wadi el-Hol (Annual of the American Schools of
Oriental Research, 59), American Schools of Oriental Research (ASOR), 2005.

Hope this helps,
Giuseppe

Giuseppe Regalzi, PhD
Rome, Italy