b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Benjamin

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>, b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Benjamin
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:34:35 -0500

Yigal:

I agree with you that it sounds absurd. But no less
absurd than the claim you mentioned in the
paragraph at the bottom of this note.

While I know of no one who explicitly makes the
claim I reported below, that they assume that any
name that is also reported in Tanakh therefore
refers to a Biblical individual is a de facto denial
that names may have been reused by ancient,
Semitic peoples.

Karl W. Randolph.