b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Web resources

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Joel Stucki" <joel AT stucki.ws>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Web resources
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 20:21:17 -0700

I am wondering if anyone would like to share their favorite web
resources for Biblical Hebrew. I am interested in resources that
provide good insight into grammar and word meanings. I have seen some
good hard copy books that actually parse each word in the Tanakh to
explain its grammatical form. I would love to find a resource like
this on the web, especially one that points out multiple possible
grammatical interpretations. Another item on my wish list would be a
web resource for textual criticism pointing out variant readings like
the BHS apparatus.

Personally, the resources I use the most are:
http://bible.ort.org - Graphic representation of Torah with beautiful
font and recorded cantilation
www.mechon-mamre.org/ - Unicode version of the Tanakh, audio files of
clear (non canted) reading
aleppocodex.org/ - A horrible flash site but with great pictures of
the Aleppo Codex

As you can see this list is mostly sites that give good access to the
text but nothing that gives much grammatical interpretation.

Joel Stucki

  • [b-hebrew] Web resources, Joel Stucki, 06/20/2006