b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Aramaic books

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: <cmeadows3 AT verizon.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Aramaic books
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 17:32:13 -0500 (CDT)

Hello all,

I've been doing some reading in Aramaic and was curious about available
resources.

I have Alger Johns' book as well as Stevenson's little grammar. I have
thought about Rosenthal and Greenspahn - but each seems fairly pricey and
neither has gotten good reviews from what I've been able to find on
Amazon.com and other places.

Is there a grammar on Aramaic in general as opposed to only biblical Aramaic
(which is such a small corpus) OR Talmudic Aramaic. I realize there are many
differences.

I have a pretty good handle on Hebrew so advanced level resources are OK.

Thanks!

Charles Meadows
Marshall University
USA