b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form,

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: Steve Miller <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • Cc: bill.rea AT canterbury.ac.nz, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form,
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:04:52 +0500

On 20/04/2006 07:36, Steve Miller wrote:

... I think C14 dating is accurate up until Noah's flood, but not before
that.

OK. So if I find you a tree ring which is C14 dated to soon after your date for the flood and which is clearly (even allowing for some possible multiple rings per year) from when the tree was several hundred years old, would you accept that as evidence that that tree had been growing since before the flood?

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)