b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form,

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dave Washburn <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1:2 - And the earth was without form,
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:08:02 -0600

On Tuesday 18 April 2006 20:19, Bill Rea wrote:
> Steve Miller wrote:-
>
> >I know of know of no facts that mankind is > 6K years old.
>
> How about some trees? There's a bristlecone pine from the
> Methuselah Walk in California that was 7,980 years old in 1979.
> Its hard to have a tree is older than the earth it lives on :-)
> It survived Noah's flood too! I've worked on that data and
> the famous Campito Mountain bristlecone pine data too. It's
> not quite as old -- 5,405 years in 1969.

Bill,
He didn't say the earth. He said mankind. He said in another post that he's
not all that interested in how old the earth is, but he goes with the 6K
figure for humanity. I don't agree, but I felt I should point out the
unintentional misrepresentation.

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur