b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 12:2

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Sesamo m." <sesamox AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 12:2
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 09:46:00 +0100

I'm reading the charge of "theological bias" again and again and again.
I can understand if somebody says "I don't like the way the NWT renders this, or that". I can understand if somedody says "I think the NWT is incorrect in the way it renders this or that".
But I can't understand when someone says "actually,there is a hidden reason for this rendering, it is not just inelegant or wrong, it is a deliberate manipulation to make the text fit in their preconceived ideas" (isn't this just another way to say that there are "thelological bias"?).
If you are so sure there is a theological reason for certain rendering you should explain which, and if you do not know, you could ask a JW (which are not very tongue-tied when they talk about their beliefs).
I am one of JWs, and I believe God was never born and will never die, He doesn't exist from a specific point in time nor until a specific point in time, He is immortal. I know this declaration has little to do with the purpose of this list, but I think it should clarify that the way the NWT renders this verse does not fit any JWs belief.
I do not believe the NWT is inspired, nor the only acceptable one, nor the most correct one, nor the most beautiful one, so I don't have any problem if others do not like it. I even have great regard for your opinions. But please, do not add unfounded accusations to try to support your very respectable opinions.

Sergio