b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Exodus 12:11 - 12

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Exodus 12:11 - 12
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:37:36 -0500

Jack:

This is not an unusual sentence structure in Hebrew,
where the reason for the action is not structurally set apart
in the text. It is as if there were a comma placed before the
three last words.

PSX means to hop over, such as on one foot, an example
being a cripple hopping on one leg. It is also used of a
healthy person quickly hopping over a small obstruction,
such as a step leading into a house or temple.

Karl W. Randolph.