b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Theophoric Name: Y:HOWYFQIYM

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Theophoric Name: Y:HOWYFQIYM
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 16:49:25 -0500

Harold:

Look at your responses. You seem to say, if someone is
authoritative, has a PhD, then he must be accurate. That is
not always true.

While I don't have advanced degrees, I grew up in academia,
and I have seen how the game works. In short, if you are a
grad student, you kiss ass to get your degree. That can and
sometimes includes outright fraud. Once you get your phud,
you still kiss ass to get tenure. Even once you have tenure,
there are ways to get rid of profs who rock the boat with
radical new research. One of those is by refusing him a
pulpit in "peer reviewed journals", in short, censorship.

Since I don't have a degree, nor tenure to secure and protect,
I am free to say my mind.