b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew grammar, (was Zech 6:8)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Rolf Furuli" <furuli AT online.no>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew grammar, (was Zech 6:8)
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:23:17 -0000

Dear David,

Please see below.

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kummerow" <farmerjoeblo AT hotmail.com>
To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 10:57 AM

Hi Rolf,

I can't take too much time as I'm very busy at the moment - and I don't
want to get involved in another of those forays disputing whether the BH
verbal system is tense-, aspect-, or mood-prominent! Anyway, some of my
thoughts below.

I respect your wish not to discuss the possible TAM of classical Hebrew.
This was not my intention, but since Herman said he did not like the term
"tense" applied to Hebrew, and you said the term was OK with you. I wanted
to clarify the terminology.

Dear David,
Allow me to ask a few questions.