b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] More on Daniel 6:26

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Awohili AT aol.com
  • To: garyh AT cjfm.org, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] More on Daniel 6:26
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:52:16 EST

Besides, the words are in the mouth of king Darius, so his theological
worldview may have been a bit different from Daniel's.

Some other interpretations:

"His kingdom and his rule will last for ever." -- HALOT, vol. 2, Koehler &
Baumgartner

"His dominion is forever." (Footnote: "Lit., "to the end.") -- NWT

"Whose dominion is until the End." -- Stone Tanach

"His rule is till eternity." -- Daniel, ArtScroll Tanach Series

Solomon Landers

In a message dated 11/11/2005 5:20:08 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,