b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Authorship of Daniel

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Gary Hedrick" <garyh AT cjfm.org>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Authorship of Daniel
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:35:18 +0200

Has anyone on this list done any research on the Hebrew/Aramaic
text of Daniel and its possible bearing on theories of multiple authorship?
Differences in style and vocabulary supposedly indicate separate authors
(and time-frames) for chs. 1-6 and 7-12. But the Aramaic portion of Daniel
actually extends into both of these sections (2:4b - 7:28), so wouldn't
these same purported differences also need to present themselves in the
Aramaic? But for our purposes here, I'm more interested in knowing how
compelling the evidence for multiple authorship is in the Hebrew text of
Daniel.

Gary Hedrick

San Antonio, TX